Sunday, February 10, 2008

Why Can't We Have This Today?

It has occasionally deigned to snow around here, although this winter has been warmer than those I remember from previous years in Pittsburgh. Today quite a bit of snow seemed to be falling, but high winds somehow ensured that none of it stuck anywhere. As the temperature was around 20 all day, I have no idea where all this snow went.
The other day, though, we had a very nice batch of morning snow. I'm afraid it soon melted away, but this is what it looked like on my way to the bus stop:

View out the front door.

View to the left.

View to the right.

Looking north on Negley.

Snow decorating the grounds of my apartment complex...

And more of same...

And still more.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Julia said...

Powdered sugar frosting! My favorite type of snow.

February 11, 2008 9:14 AM  
Blogger Karla said...

Yes, and alas all too transitory.

February 12, 2008 4:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home