Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Back and Away Again

The Spotted Pair and I had an uneventful trip to Jesse's, although I enjoyed it more than they did as they dislike car travel and were not too pleased about the heat in Jesse's apartment either. But a pleasant time was had by the human contingent.
The Spotted Pair will be staying home for my next trip, which involves going to Minneapolis for the gigantic Berkshire Women's History Conference, which should be rather exciting. I'll be giving a paper there on the New Woman in interwar Czechoslovakia, which is the last of my rather long string of conference papers. No doubt other tempting conferences will come along, but it seems time to turn some of those papers into articles... well, when not writing other things, like final bits of dissertation and chunks of fiction. Perhaps Ms. Spots could be trained to somehow turn conference papers into articles for me, picking through my notes to add on additional material and get rid of as many images as possible. She is, after all, an intelligent creature. On the other hand, I suspect her interest in my research is almost nil. She believes my time is best spent petting her and purveying yogurt and other treats on demand.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Kristen said...

I often thought of trying to use Carlie to expedite grading. She was particularly fond of reclining on paper and cardboard. I thought perhaps I'd scatter the papers I had to grade across the living room floor and observe which ones she decided she had to nap on first, which would get an A of course. After her nap, I'd gather those papers up and see which ones she chose to be Bs. ;)

June 12, 2008 6:49 PM  
Blogger Dr. Zaius said...

I am pretty sure that Ms. Spots could be trained to turn conference papers into something. (Shreds, most likely.)

June 22, 2008 12:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home